SAT: www.collegeboard.org ACT: www.act.org
- Attention Juniors, Class of 2025: There will be a one-time free SAT offered in the Spring of 2024 - date TBA. All juniors will be automatically registered for that assessment.
- Attention Sophomores, Class of 2026: All Sophomores will also take the TSIA2 in the spring - date TBA
- Accessing SAT Scores: Please login to your College Board account using the email you provided when you registered for the test or complete pre-assessment. Please contact the College Board if you need assistance with your account. We encourage all students to use a personal email to create a College Board account so that you can link it to the free Khan Academy resources and track your PSAT and SAT scores all through high school.
- PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 8/9 Information: Test will be provided on October 11, 2023. See your campus counselor for registration fees, deadlines, and information. It is suggested juniors take PSAT/NMSQT as junior year is the only year students can qualify for the National Merit Scholarship.
- When should my student take the SAT or ACT? College Board suggests "Most students take the SAT during their junior or senior year of high school. At least half of all students take the SAT twice — in the spring as a junior and in the fall as a senior. Most students improve their score the second time they take the SAT."
- Practice for SAT/ACT/TSIA2:
- Registration for the SAT or ACT: Students should use a personal email of their own (not their parents or their school email address).
TSIA2 (Accuplacer): Room 802 at least one week prior to test date - CASH ONLY (due to varied subjects and re-test costs)
- Test Location:
SAT or ACT: CHS on designated dates below - must select location when registering online; other dates available at other locations
TSIA2 (Accuplacer): Room 802
- Need more TSIA2 information? Students can take the assessment at Del Mar College as well. Visit https://www.delmar.edu/offices/testing/tsi.html for more information. TSIA2 test scores are given to students on test day and students are responsible for taking them to their parents and keeping a copy, as well as providing scores to colleges or universities.
CHS Saturday Test dates for 2023-2024:
- SAT - August 26, 2023
- ACT - September 9, 2023
- SAT - October 7, 2023
- SAT - November 4, 2023
- ACT - December 9, 2023
- ACT - February 10, 2024
- SAT - June 1, 2024
CHS TSIA2 Saturday Test dates for 2023-2024:
- September 30, 2023
- October 21, 2023
- November 11, 2023
- ---- No test in December ---
- January 27, 2024
- February 24, 2024
- March 23, 2024
- April 27, 2024
- May 18, 2024
Calallen HS School Code for SAT/ACT is 441045. (The Test Center Code depends on which school you want to take the test at, so you can search for that on the registration website).
To enter the test site for ALL of these exams, students MUST bring:
- Valid Driver’s License or Current Year Student ID (cannot be expired)
- Test admission ticket (print online when you register on SAT/ACT websites)
- 2-#2 pencils
- Allowable calculator for SAT/ACT (see calculator policy). (Calculator not permitted for TSI).
- Snacks/water as desired (optional to bring but not provided). Enter the front entrance of HS and wait in the specified hall, between 7:30-7:45am. Students will be checked into rooms by 7:45 and will not be permitted to enter after 8am.
If you have any general questions regarding our test site, please contact April Hesseltine, District Testing Coordinator, at email@example.com or 361-242-7593.
If you have other specific questions in regards to your child's/student college entrance needs, please contact the school counselor.
For specific SAT/ACT related administration questions, you should contact the SAT(College Board) or ACT directly at the numbers provided on their websites.